First...I went to Santa Cruz over my spring break and stayed with an old friend (April) and her sweetheart of a guy (Jeff). Hi guys if you are reading. April recently started knitting and she is catching on swimmingly!! They were both nice enough to take a few days off and tote me around to all kinds of wonderful beach spots. Jeff has a great little girl dog named Hannah so Homer was welcomed with open arms at their home.
We walked south of the entrance to the beach and climbed over a little rock outcropping and found a
My new camera is still the best damn thing ever!! All of the photos come out like I am a professional (which we all know is very far from the truth!). It even has a kids and pets setting so you can take great action photos!
This is Homie and Hanna playing in the surf. He learned the hard way that drinking ocean water isn't the thing to do. He took like three HUGE gulps before realizing that it tasted awfully salty. Hannah is amazing!! She dives right in a swims out in the surf. Homer is a bit weary of the ocean so he doesn't do much swimming.
The second day we all drove down to Big Sur and spent the day on Pfeiffer Beach. We found a little cove that had a small fresh water creek for the dog to drink out of and set up camp. April and I knitted all afternoon while Jeff played with the pups.
Homer (per the norm) tried to get a little lovin' out of April. I love how this picture turned out
While my Homie-guy took a little nap on a rock, Jeff buried Hannah in the sand.
April finished her armwarmers while we were knitting at the beach. I simply couldn't believe that she is doing this great already!! They were just beautiful and she figured out double point needles with just a little assistance from her friend. I am very impressed!!
We also found a great swing and did a little swingin'. I tried to call Homer up onto the ledge below the swing, but he got a little freaked out and ran off.
We spent all afternoon at this wonderful spot. Many people came by and befriended Homer. Fun was had by all!!
After all of the fun at the beach we were all famished and drove down the coast to a restaurant overlooking the ocean called Nepenthe. In Greek, Nepenthe means "isle of no care," and believe you me it is properly named. We had the wonderful and Famous Ambrosiaburger!! YUMMY!! By the time we finished dinner we all were plum tuckered and had quite a journey home.
Here we are outside on the patio of Nepenthe.
The next day we
had a lake that nearly reached the ocean and boy was Homer excited to see something he would swim in. He spent the afternoon chasing Hanna, stealing her stick (only to drop it seconds later when Jeff got Hannah another), and baying. If you haven't heard my dog bark...It isn't a bark but a long h
I finished my sweater on the way down the coast to J@A's friends house named The Rose Ranch. It's dreamy...and I didn't take any pictures. The property has around 100 or so rose bushes and two homes built on it. The people who live there are an amazing bunch. All very interesting and nice. Jessica spent the day setting up her garden only to have both Homer and Hannah walk right through all the seeds she planted. Jerks.
We went home pretty early and got ready to go to a wine bar. There was a younger (my age, I guess not younger...but whatever) guy play
We all took a little walk down to the beach and hung out. It was really nice to meet all of the Rose Ranch folks. I throughly enjoyed their company!!
I left the next day around 11 or so, stopped by April's work for a bagel, and off I went to Sonora for Easter. I got a raging case of the oak and had to go to the doctor's. 14 days of Prednisone later and I am oak free. I think Homer had laid upon my clean clothes at Aprils and that is how I contracted the devil rash. No pictures of this thank god!! I wound up getting it in my mouth, nose and on my butt...WEEEE!!
I will leave you with this great picture of my Homer and my casa. I just love my house in the spring!! Need I mention how much I love that stupid animal too?
Bad Ass Knitters





1 comment:
The picture of your house and homer is awesome! Awwwww! I love doggies!
Post a Comment