Thursday, August 9, 2007

Phew...It's been a while.

I, Meg(aphone), do solemnly swear to keep up on my blog posting. I will not say to myself “I’ll do it tomorrow,” and when tomorrow comes yet again repeat my mantra of “tomorrow.”

My summer has been going well. I got a job, working in the field that I want to pursue. The job isn’t that strenuous so I get to knit at work….a lot!! I haven't done a bunch of traveling or anything, but I have gone to Big Sur once (twice?) and spent two lovely days in the city with a pal of mine. This weekend I have a family reunion and next Wednesday I will be going to The Sur again to spend a whole week visiting this guy. He happens to be the funniest human being I have ever met. Just look at the picture and I think you will understand what I mean. This was taken in San Francisco and we are wearing matching sweatshirts because that is what cheesy tourists do in SF. And, if you are wondering, yes we did walk around together like that.



I am designing my first beanie. It’s real purrty and I can’t wait to wear it. This is what it looked like before I frogged it for the third time. The first time it was to small, the second the edge curled up. I solved both problems and changed the cable a bit and now it is going swimmingly. I should be done by the end of the week if all goes well.




I also have finished a cute summer tank from Interweave Knits summer book. I knit it in green, which I shouldn’t be allowed to do since I own so many green things that my closet looks like a leprechaun threw up in it.

I am on Ravelry now. To those of you who actually read this and don’t know what it is—it is akin to myspace for the knitters’ community. And to those of you who will be mad at me for saying this whatever. I love Ravelry and don’t mean to put it down by comparing it to myspace, but unfortunately that is the most recognizable networking community that I know of.



I started my first pair of socks a while ago and realized what I had always feared. Not that socks are hard, but that they aren’t worth it. They are sooo boring to knit. I really want to like knitting them, but it is just beyond me why people are so enthralled with the process. I find it so dull. I did like the foot part, but now that I am on the cuff, I just can’t seem to get into it anymore. If I do another pair I will use a lace pattern for the cuff. The ribbing I am using is boring me to tears!!

Also you might notice that I have progress bars on my page thanks to a fellow Ravelyer...or Ravelen, well I don't know the correct English of that, but another person that is a member of the website that is http://www.ravelry.com/. There that's better. Anyway, a lovely members nice man friend made the progress bars and also shared them with all of us blogger out there. What a nice guy. I don't have photo's of the other projects, but I will try tonight.

In other non-knitting news. My new fridge broke and of course it waited until I had over $100 worth of groceries in it. I took off from work early yesterday in order to get it fixed and was told by the repair man that Frigidaire's often break down withing the first year. I didn't not know then prior to purchasing the cursed fridge. Even if I did know it I don't think it would have changed my mind on the model I bought. It seems that Frigidaire has the market cornered on small appliances of the cooling sort. So, what I don't understand is if this break down problem is well known why in tarnation do they not fix the problem? Probably dummies like me who live in under 200 square feet and want a fridge that looks good in their home. I really have to stop buying things that are aesthetic pleasing to me and look for something that will just run for longer than 4 months. I'm like a fish waiting for the shiny bait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tell everyone that Ravelry is Myspace for knitters too. :D Whenever we do the reveal I will add you on there.