I signed up for my first exchange and it is a Punk Rock themed one. I'm pretty excited, but tired right now so the excitement doesn't come through the keyboard very well. Here is my questionnaire filled out. I am really looking forward to buying gifts for my buddy!! This should be really fun!
1. Why are you punk? I don't really label myself, but I would say my outlook on life of being nonconformist on the things I strongly believe in.
I google "punk" to see what definitions are out there and was surprised to learn that these were considered definitions:
Slang. A young man who is the sexual partner of an older man.
Archaic. A prostitute.
Who knew?!
2. What are your five favorite things? Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kttens...HA!! Sorry couldn't resist.
a.) Anything green. Love the color and I own every shade of it. I think this is the reason I love ireland. So many shades of green.
b.) Plants. I grow an outside flower garden every year and have an inside jungle.
c.) Music. Of any kind, except for music played on the radio. At least for the most part. I really enjoy when people make CD's for me. It interests me what people would pick out for me to listen to.
d.) Skulls. I've loved them since I was a child. I have the most wonderful set of x-mas lights that have dios de los muertas type colorings on them.
e.) T-shirts. I have a small (yeah right) collection. Some of which I don't even wear because I am frightened to ruin them. I plan to make a t-shirt quilt as soon as I am not afraid of breaking yet another expensive sewing machine.
3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?
I love to make hats. My favorite is the first one I made and I knit all the stitches twisted so it wears like neoprene.
Armwarmers. I've made pairs for most of my pals and they love them. I use a basic pattern and then pick out a wonderful cable or lace pattern to go down the front of the 'glove'.
My salina sweater. I used Elizabeth Lavold Silky Tweed. It is a wonderful yarn and I would knit with it again in a second. I wish I would have made the sweater 4 inches longer, but I still love it.
4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday?
Music, please pick out some of your favories for me!! Mix CD's are wonderful and it doesn't all have to be punk. Just don't send me new country. Old country yes, new country....pppphhhhtttt!
I would love for my swap partner to include a local post card. I have an area on one of my walls of all of the post cards my friends and family have sent to me.
Something handmade....doesn't matter what. Little, big (a sweater would be great ;)), medium, beaded, soap, a drawing, etc.
Lotion, oils, or some sort of fun girly thing. I'm not a big fan of fake perfumes. I like more natural scents like sandalwood, rose, or musky scents.
Tea? I couln't think of anything else right now.
5. What are your three favorite yarns?
Malabrigo!! Any weight. I just purchsed the lace weight and it is beautiful!! But I love it all!!
Any hand dyed yarn. For some reason where I live NO ONE carries the independent dyers. Since being on ravelry I have seen so many great dyers and I don't have a one.
Cashmere of course! Can you say yarn snob, boys and girls? I'm really not a yarn snob, but working at a yarn shop for the past year and a half has afforded me the ability to get quality yarn.
What are your three least favorite yarns?
Fun fur, fun fur, fun fur!! I also hate most trendsetter yarns with the exception of the two they make that look like yarn and not a shredded muppet. I really don't like any of the novelty yarns, not even as accents. I like my yarn to be of the natural sort of fiber.
6. What are your five favorite delicacies?
Well first off, I don't like chocolate. I know, it's a strange thing not to enjoy.
1.) Well made Jams. Olalaberrie is my favorite, but really hard to find.
2.) Beer. Mostly Belgium beers, but any kind that I haven't had I love to try.
3.) Baked goods. There's nothing like a yummy pastry!!
4.) Chocolate covered espresso beans. I know I said I didn't like chocolate, but this seems to be the exception.
5.) Coffee. GOOD, BLACK, AND THICK!!
7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
Laying in the sun until I am bronze all over. I know in this day and age I should know better, but there is nothing like reading a book in the noon day sun in a bathing suit. What can I say..I am a Cali girl through and through.
Bad dance music. I get to indulge myself when I go out with my gay pal Jacob. Our song is BS's Toxic. I shouldn't even be writing this down. I can't believe I admitted to liking that. Notice I couldn't bring myself to write out her full name!
Baths...I don't have one in my house. So whenever I get the chance (like out of town and staying at a hotel) I jump right in with candles, a book, something to drink (adult beverages only please) and some Lush products.
8. What are the five things you look forward to every week?
My dog Homer. He is a wonderful companion.
Time spent knitting. Since school started this week it has been hard to come by.
Sitting on my deck enjoying my garden with either a cup of tea, coffee, or wine.
Going to dinner with friends, or at least bar-b-qing.
Sunday mornings listening to NPR. I love Car Talk and Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me.
9. What do you collect?
I live in 200 square feet, so not much. I love good pens since I have to take a lot of notes in school. I also like nice journals and books. I really like other people to pick books out for me. It is always interesting to see what someone would recommend as a good read. I love sculls and have a bunch around my house. Post cards for my post card wall. Oh...and plants.
10. When is your birthday?
February 26, 1977....I am 30 now. I think I should be more freaked out than I am. I know a few of my other friends that had near breakdowns because of this number, but it doesn't bother me one bit.
11. Do you have any wishlists?
I don't, but I may add one to my blog.
12. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?
Gosh...we covered so much I can't think of anything. Please feel free to ask me anything you want. I really have no idea as this is my first gift exchange. You are popping my proverbial cherry.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad Ass Knitters





2 comments:
Ooh, I'm using the silky tweed in a halter top of my own design (using is a bit of a stretch. . . it's been a good 2 months since I knit on it. . .but whatever!)
Carly
YESSSSSSSSSS! A virgin! lol
Hi, your PRGE pal popping by. :D I'll email you a fun message in a bit.
Post a Comment