Wednesday, November 7, 2007

New Camera, so I can take pictures!!


As I mentioned in a previous post I received my Punk Rock Gift Exchange box from ShadKitty and it is wonderful! She sent me the coolest stitch markers which I had been ogling over at Sunne's etsy store!! I also got two skeins of Cascade 220 in black and BRIGHT green. I love the green color and I think I will use it with the black to make a skull purse or skull fair isle hat. I can't decide. I am leaning toward the purse however, so I don't have to learn to double strand. I've had enough problems with intarsia (so many that I have never been able to do it successfully), to know better than try fair isle. She also got me this sweet little leather bound book. I'm going to figure out a special use for it, I'm thinking along the lines of a Haiku book. I also received Elizabeth Zimmermans Knitting Without Tears which is a great brick and mortar knitting book. EZ teaches the basics and not-so-basics with such ease. She's basically amazing.

I went down to Solvang on Thursday to see my uncle receive Vaquero Artist of the Year! Uncle Jack is such an amazing person. He is so interesting to me and to just sit and hear his stories is sure to be an evening of fun. This is a picture of my Uncle and most of our group. On the far left is my cousin Wendy, then Uncle Jack, then Sam Elliot and his wife Katherine Ross. The night was well worth the VERY long drive to get there. Solvang is a cute little town, but is located in the center of nowhere.




After leaving Solvang, I headed north to Santa Cruz to visit my friends A & J. We went to a hip hop show at the Catalyst. Not that good. The people we wanted to see only played for 20 minutes and before they came on were the most ridiculous line up of goof balls. Many laughs were had at the expense of the sorry folks on stage. The next day we took the dogs out to the beach. Of course we brought our knitting along!!

On the way back to Sac, I got a phone call from my friend KB. She had her baby girl after THREE hours of labor! I stopped by on my way home and she looked absolutely beautiful! I couldn't believe that she had given birth merely hours before. The nerve of some people. Funny thing about my pal KB is that a trip to an airport seems to be far more unsettling than giving birth. Go figure. Her baby is so gorgeous! She and her hubby J are going to be the best parents!

3 comments:

Shadkitty said...

Hooray for babies! I love babies. :)

Glad you liked the giftees so much. You'll be getting another package, though officially the swap will be over.

Lynda said...

OOOHhhhh...can I just say I want to trade places with you. I want to stand in a line up with Sam Elliot and your uncle.

Tania Sk said...

Don't let your bad experiences with intarsia discourage you from attempting fair isle! The two techniques are much different. I absolutely loathe intarsia but find fair isle do-able.