
TIMBER!!! For quite some time now there has been a willow tree off of my deck that always looks dangerously close to falling on my humble little (I stress little) home. Well, the tree has been banished to the creek below my house! I have so much more light now, which I will appreciate until the middle of summer when it will be hotter than the bowels of hell in my house. I guess now I have to get a better air conditioner. The man who cut down my tree was like a monkey. He jumped from limb to limb like some sort of chainsaw wielding trapeze artist. Very impressive!
Onto knitting news, and also lack there of.

I frogged my Rusted Root. (Insert sad clown face here) The reason is that I picked a dark yarn and it hid the beautiful lace panel on the front of the shirt. I cast on for the Tree Jacket with the same black yarn and ordered some lambs pride in gold dust for the Rusted Root.
This is where my acclaim for Ravelry comes in. I spied the gold dust Rusted Root on a fellow Ravelers projects page and promptly messaged to ask her if I could bite her style on the color choice. She replied yes!! Thank you Caribou!! Then I used the Ravelry yarn pages to search for the color in other members stash. There is an option that allows you to offer your stashed yarns for sale or trade. I located a member offering the exact amount of skeins I need in the gold dust color. A short while later I paid her by paypal and the skeins will be on their way to me!! Another thank you to Knittergirl for her wonderful yarn!
I remember once upon a time when there wasn't this wonderful website called Ravelry. I was lost in a forest of internet web pages searching for peoples different interpretation of published patters. I would find a little information, but no even close to what is at my fingertips on Ravelry. (How many times have I said Ravelry in this post?! Not enough? Once more for the fans out there RAVELRY!!)
I've been a bad swap pal lately! I have all of the packages ready for the three swaps I am currently participating in, but I haven't made it to the Post Office. There is something about that place that repels me like a very strong magnet of the opposite polarity. (Wow...that was a very nerdy sentence.) I will take my day off this Tuesday and brave the powers that be at the post and send all three packages at one. If any of my pals are reading this (stellify, herow, and dpalme) I haven't flaked or forgotten about you, I have just been procrastinating on going to the post.
Well, I am going to go enjoy my Sunday by doing laundry! YIPEE. At least I'll get some knitting time in.
I never published this on Sunday due to lack of computer cooperation. So I have a wonderful story about my laundry. I smelt something, uummmm, bad coming from the bottom of my laundry sack so I started being really careful about pulling things out. I pulled a washcloth out and....plop plop, MAGGOTS!! I scream, grab my laundry sac, and run out the door onto my pop's deck. I dump the sac out and MORE MAGGOTS AND A DEAD MOUSE fall out. Icky poo!! I am not in a battle royale with the mice inside and outside of my home.
Bad Ass Knitters





2 comments:
your swap packages are worth the wait, my dear. :) sorry about the maggots. true maggot story - i had a friend who had a horse that had pads put on its hoofs under its horseshoes, therefore covering the whole sole of the horse's hoof. The horse went lame, the farrier came out to check on it, removed the pads and found out that the whole sole of the horse's hoof was infested with maggots. ew.
EWWWWWWW Gross! What you need is a mouser type cat. My dad stole mine. He came in very handy when we lived in a 100 year old house with no insulation (the cat, not my dad...though he did too but for different reasons). Woo...I'm not random at all.
:D I love my post office, but it is very tiny and there is hardly ever a line.
Post a Comment