Sunday, January 20, 2008

Long time coming...

Wow. It certainly has been a while since I've posted here.

First off. I have received three packages from swaps that I haven't yet posted about. First up my coffee swap package. I got the best coffee from my swap pal. I have been buying it ever since and I love the stuff! It is called Illy and it is delicious. The biscotti and the scones were also very yummy. The scones didn't last more than 2 days! The blue yarn is Rowan Cotton. I have never used this yarn, but I can tell I love it already. The yellow yarn is baby alpaca and I think I will be making a large scarf with it. It is buttery goodness! I got to talk to my partner a lot over on Ravelry. Her name is Diane and she is a total sweetheart. Go on over and read her blog! The green thing in the front is a neat fold up bag that I have been using to put small projects into.




My second box came from GossamerFlame over on Ravelry. Her blog is here. This swap was formed in my favorite group on Ravelry called the Completely Pointless and Arbitrary Group Group. It is the most wonderful waste of time. There is much talk of cake and other inane subjects. Makes work a lot more fun. When I opened the HUGE box, this is what greeted me. I realized I am the worst package wrapper ever, and Miss Gossamer is the cats meow! Let's see...I'll list what I received:
  • A huge grow frog. He's real cute
  • gummy peaches
  • LIP SMACKERS!!!
  • Magnet martini and note pad
  • Mini plants. I already planted..
  • A bath kit, with my favorite color bath puff (mauve..I really don't like the color, but hey that's the CPaAGG way) that has a bird head coming out of the top.
  • A cupcake towel!!!!
  • Green microfiber towel
  • Flashing crazy rave ball!!
I took some really cool pictures of the flashy flashback ball that I'll post at the end for some eye candy!

Last, but not least, my third box is from my Ravelry Scarf Exchange partner. The scarf is beautiful and I have been wearing it so often. When Homer fell ill lately I was wearing it and since my sweet boy would have to spend so much time at the vets, I thought I would leave it for him so he had something that smelled like home. I felt a bit guilty about leaving such a pretty scarf that was a gift in a kennel at the vets with my VERY slobbery dog, but the scarf is no worse for the wear!

She also sent me a really cool independent magazine that is from the graphic design company she works for. I love the images in it! Reindeer baretts, some buttons, a lavender sachet, some pretty green stone stitch markers, herbs for pasta (nearly gone and muy delicioso) and Opal sock yarn that was inspired by a painting by Friedensreich Hundertwasser. It looks like a stained glass window!

And now for some crazy, squishy goodness! The flashing tentacle of DOOM!! I love this silly thing!