
This past weekend was a blast. I went to see the University that I will hopefully will be attending next semester. I met some really nice folks and went to a few yarn shops that were wonderful. I bought some yarn that I can not picture here because it was for my Punk Rock Gift Exchange buddy. I also got some really nea

t things in the mail one of which was my first skein of socks that rock in Space Dust. Also pictured are some yarns that I got a little bit ago and haven't had a chance to take pictures of. And....the baby sweater that I started last Thursday and will be finishing tonight. I love the baby sweater. I really hope the recipient likes it. The yarns pictured are Lorna's Laces which will become a pair of socks for my Mom for Christmas, the green is Koigu which my Pal Ern will be getting in knitted form as soon

as she determines what she wants me to knit. Both blue yarn are lace weight. One is silk and the other is merino. Both will be an article of clothing out of I think lace style...or victorian lace? It's one of those....who knows?
This weekend was the North County Fair in Arcata. It's basically a really good excuse to listen to music, drink cheap good beer, socialize, and

shop. I unfortunately didn't have much money after the yarn shop excursions and couldn't participate in the shopping aspect of the day. So I doubled up on the beer portion and all was well. This is the group of us that stumbled around most of the day and then went dancing to a live band that night. All the folks that I met in the Humboldt area were wonderful. If this is typical of all of the people that I will meet up there then I am a happy girl. Here is a photo of the Arcata coast. Sam, Zeb (Sam's cousin) and I out to the beach after

having some of the yummiest sushi around. We brought beer, of course. I found my favorite beer Hop Trip at a market. It's really difficult to find. They only brew it once a year when the hops are harvested. It's a fresh hopped beer unlike most ales. The fresh hopping gives the beer a fruity flavor that is just special.
That's all for now...over and out.
3 comments:
Sounds like a great time!! Your package should be going out today. Unless my boys keep me from the Post Office!
I love me some Koigu.... Also that picture of the baby sweater does not do it justice....
Maybe we need a doll!!
Ohhh, that STR is GORGEOUS!
Thanks for finding me in the blogosphere and for saying such nice things about my dog... it really meant a lot! (Though I'm sorry I made you cry!)
Post a Comment