Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thanks a bunch Lime and Violet

heavy on the sarcasm....

Dear Lime and Violet,

I really love your show, but I think we are going to have to break up. You see I've been listening to your podcast for only a short time now (I have only made it so far as episode 17) and I am already spending to much money on sock yarn. I didn't even like making socks until three days ago when I cast on some ankle socks out of Claudia Handpainted Yarn. Well, said sock is finished...Ran out of yarn for the second, but I plan to make mismatched anklets to wear about the house. It only took me two days to finish one sock. I have been neglecting housework, my dog, and myself in order to knit socks.

Yesterday I visited two yarn stores and purchased three skeins of sock yarn and today I bought some Socks that Rock. Last night I cast on for the Hedera with my Cherry Tree Hill and I plan to work on them tonight at school. I don't like where this obsession is heading so I think it is only fair that we take some time off. It's not you Miss Lime or Miss Violet; It is me. I am the one that has a problem. I only hope that you will take me back after I realize that I can no longer live without the laughter and yarn porn that you feed to my soul every week. But for now, adieu mon ami. I shall miss you!

Lovies,
Meg(aphone)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man am I glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this! It would have come right out of my nose! Yeah, socks are like that. Seriously. You just...can't...stop!

meg said...

I'm impressed- one sock in two days? It takes me a month or more (but I'm easily distracted :P)
Funny, I love doing socks...but don't like wearing them, at least not to walk around in. But I still make them- 4 or 5 pairs a year that end up given away.

Jackie said...

Hi Meg, You asked about my baby surprise jacket on my blog. I purchased just the pattern from schoolhouse press. They mailed it fairly quickly. If you are only ordering one pattern they will discount the amount of the shipping too (it's less then what is quoted on the website). Not sure if you'll have time to knit it before your baby shower though!

kasiaiscarly said...

Hi Meg - I was ravelry searching and couldn't find you. And I didn't see your ID on your blog. I'm kasiaiscarly :)

Anonymous said...

Megan, it's been so long since I last saw you! I asked you awhile back at the shop if you listened to Lime and Violet and I think at the time you said no. I was pretty sure it would be something that was right up your alley. ;) I just bought some Socks That Rock last week too, to make the chevron scarf from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts." I can't wait for it to get here! Oh and after a few "do-overs" my first pair of socks are coming along really nicely too. (I'm using Cherry Tree Hill's Supersock in "Gypsy Rose.") I miss seeing you at the shop. Hope things are well with you!