Well, I finished with my midterms and I did very well! The test I thought I did horrible on, well turns out, didn't do so bad after all.
90 %
Whooohooo!
Other news, my camera is gone. Hope your non reading this mom, because I really don't want to tell you this. I am saving to get a new one, but for now no new pictures. I do have some old pictures of what I have been up to as of late (other than midterms of course.)
On the knitting front. I knit and frogged the Razor Cami. It was beautiful, but a bit on the small side so I frogged this morning and will cast on this afternoon. I am nearly finished with my Rusted Root! I can't wait to wear it. I finished a bunch of items for different family members and presented them to the lucky recipients last weekend. What was nice is th
at the night cooled down enough for everyone to make use of the knitted items. My friend Tracey got a sweater that I knit about two years ago, but never seamed. It was so cute! I have the same yarn in cream and will be making myself one soon! From left to right--My dad in a earflap beanie, Patsy in her beanie (given to Tracey and I'm knitting another), Jeff in his scarf, RM in her little beanie, and Tracy in her sweater. You can't see clearly, but it has a hood! So cute, if I do say so myself.
I am going to experiment
with dip dying after I finish mine. I think I will dip it in a dark blue denim color and make it progressively darker toward the bottom. During the day we went on a hay ride down onto the wildlife preserve. What fun. AND we ran out of gas, so we got to take a nice walk!

I also went to an Avett Brother's show in the booming metropolis of Hanford. I've seen them in the Hanford Fox Theater once before and let me tell you--If you have a chance to see a show at this venue, GO! Best acoustics ever. It is literally in the middle of nowhere!! The upper balcony is 21+ and sells cheap pitchers of good beer. What could be better

you ask? Tables between two huge rocking theater seats so you have a place to put said pitcher of beer while you rock away to the music! I drove down there for my friend Bob's day of birthing and much fun was had by all. I dorked out when I saw Scott Avett and got a picture with him...can you say GROUPIE? I prefer Band-aide.
The show was so incredible! I really wish the Avett's came to California more often. They have to be one of the best live bands I've seen. Not bad on the eyes either.
3 comments:
I'm glad you did well on your exams!! And I have a CD to send you, in exchange for the awesome ones you sent me.. my fave local band. :) email me your address - the one on your last package was kinda vague. :)
Glad you back. . . I was beginning to think you dropped off the planet! Awesome you got to meet the Avett's!
Hooray!! I am glad you had so much fun and did well on your exams. :) Nothing better than celebrating with a good show.
Those knits were awesome! Love the little one (RM?) in her hat!! Too cute! :) The sweater is lovely, can't wait to see how the dip-dyeing works out for you.
Post a Comment